So you are interested in a guest post? Well you have come to the right place. As with most blogs I have some guidelines for what your guest post should include in order to keep with the theme of the blog. So here is the important information you need to know when writing your post!
- Minimum length of 500 words
- A clear and defined topic
- A guest post is NOT a synopsis of your book. A guest post should never be a plea for reader to buy your book or just an onslaught of information about your book. There will be an opportunity at the end of the post where I will put in information about you and your social networking links as well as the book cover blurb of the book you are promoting.
- TOPIC IDEAS: A guest post can be anything about publishing, books, writing, or anything that goes along with the theme of Home.Love.Books. Some ideas for guest post topics would include: where you got the idea for your book, books by other authors you like and why, anything about the genre you write in, themes in your book, seasonal posts (at Dec. you might write about Christmas or in Feb. you might write about Valentine’s Day, etc.). Basically anything is suitable as long as the topic is about books, writing, specific genres, characters, authors, publishing, etc. But again NO book sales pitches.
- All guest posts must be received a minimum of 24 hours prior to the publishing of the post.
- If you are unsure about the topic of your guest post, please feel free to send me an e-mail and I will be happy to help you email@example.com
IF YOU CAN’T THINK OF A TOPIC:
Suffering from writers block? Never written a guest post before? There is another option. Home.Love.Books. has a feature that all authors are welcome to participate in. It’s called “Character Profile” and for more information you should click HERE.
Here are some examples of guest posts by some of my favorite authors: